Queens Council on the Arts: GrantsMarch 26th, 2012 | Posted by in Queens Council of Arts
There is no doubt that New York City is one of the most creative hubs in all the world. People come from miles away to see great theatre, music, dance, and other free events in NYC. There is no shortage to the art created here and it just keeps coming. With all of this creativity floating around, there are artists who catch the bug and want to create their own works.
This is where the Queens Council on the Arts can help. Grants for individual artists are available through this great organization if you fit the requirements! Grants for the arts are awarded in the amount of $2,500 or $2,000 depending on the type of grant you apply for. Here are some of the basic guidelines for one of their grants:
- Individual artists must be residents of Queens. (PO boxes and studio addresses not accepted)
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age
- Artists may work in any visual arts discipline, including, but not limited to: fiber, folk arts/traditional, graphics, media arts – film/video, painting, photography, printmaking, sculptor
- Individual artists may apply without a fiscal sponsorship
- Funded project must take place within the calendar year of 2012 for a Queens audience
If you want more information on grants from the Queens Council on the Arts, visit their website!